OnLine Taxes clients received income tax refunds in as little as 8 days in 2008.
The IRS e-file program offers a quick, easy, and accurate alternative to paper tax returns.
Doing your taxes online with OnLine Taxes and e-filing your tax return is by far the fastest way to receive your income tax refund. E-file is safe, secure (secured by Verisign, powered by IBM), easy (prepare and e-file in as little as 20 minutes), and the most accurate way to file your tax return.
IRS e-file is quick!
IRS e-file is easy!
IRS e-file is accurate!
OnLine Taxes is an IRS Authorized e-file Provider and Partner:
- e-file Partners for Individual Taxpayers
- e-file for Businesses and Self-Employed Individuals
- Federal/State e-file
- Can you send an amended income tax return electronically?
No, an amended income tax return must be filed on a paper Form 1040X (PDF), Amended U.S. Individual Income Tax Return, and mailed to your servicing center for processing.
- How can I correct a mistake on my federal online e-file return?
You cannot correct a mistake on a federal return that was filed electronically. You need to file an amended or corrected return using Form 1040X (PDF), Amended U.S. Individual Income Tax Return, as soon as possible. Include copies of any schedules that have been changed or any Forms W-2 you did not include. The 1040X is a paper form and must be mailed to your servicing center for processing.
- Can I e-file my income tax return even though I am filing a Form 8379, Injured Spouse Claim and Allocation?
Yes, you can file electronically.
- What software is approved for IRS online e-file?
The IRS does not endorse or warrant software, but has provided links to electronic filing software web sites at On-line Filing Software Companies. Also, consider IRS online e-file by filing through an Authorized IRS online e-file Provider. To learn more, refer to our Electronic Services information.
- We will be filing a joint tax return. Can we file our return electronically?
Yes. Filing your return electronically is faster, safer, and more accurate than mailing your tax return because it is transmitted over telephone lines directly to an IRS computer.
- How long after I change my name with social security will I be able to file my tax return electronically?
Generally, two weeks after you change your name with the Social Security Administration, the IRS should have the information and you should be able to file electronically. If you do not have two weeks to wait before the due date for filing your return timely, you will need to file a paper return.
- If I file electronically, what do I do with my W-2 forms?
When filing electronically you must provide Form W-2 (PDF) to the authorized IRS e-file provider before the provider sends the electronic return to the IRS. In addition, you should keep them in a safe place with a copy of your tax return.